Thursday, February 28, 2013

Stamps At A Glance

       This week I decided to try something I saw on Pinterest. I have a LOT of stamps. The problem is they don't all fit in one drawer. Most my wooden ones are shoved in one drawer, but then I have a 2" binder full of clear stamps (another Pinterest idea), and some other wood stamps stuck in a few other drawers with other stuff.  My wheel stamps just get shoved wherever they won't get stuck, and I have one more pile that's not in this picture for the jumbo stamps (over 4" wide). They're everywhere! 
        The bad thing is when I'm crafting I'm terrible about not using any of my stamps - because I can't remember what I have. I'm not about to take 30 minutes to dig through the drawers just to see if I have a stamp I might be able to use for a project. 
        So, la Pinterest, I went through and either stamped or photocopied each stamp/set that I have onto white card stock. Those pages went into a tiny 1/2" binder. It doesn't help with actually storing them, but now I can quickly see what stamps I have just by flipping through a binder. Yes, this did take a while to do - but I have a feeling I might actually use my stamps more now! 


Some pics of the finished binder.

1 comment: